[LINK] F-22 Raptor stumped by International Date Line

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 22:06:40 AEDT 2007

On 2007/Mar/01, at 5:06 AM, Daniel Rose wrote:

> There is a possibly apocryphal story about fighters going from
> Europe south over the Equator.
>
> They flipped over in mid air and flew along upside down.

F-16 - I remember being told about this.  Whether it's true or not I
don't know.  Can't find anything about it in snopes so maybe it is ;-)

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_zdewk/is_200210/ai_ziff32203
http://www.flick.com/~liralen/journal/adams

On the other hand this reference says it was a bug found in simulation:
http://securitydigest.org/risks/mirror/ftp.sri.com-risks/madison.paper

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant