[LINK] Aussie Drink or Die member handed to US on a plate

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Sun May 13 11:11:55 AEST 2007

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 07:09:06PM +1000, Eleanor Lister wrote:
> we are on top of this and appalled by it, but if you really want to
> get depressed you should see the incredibly long list of totally evil
> things being done by this government, and the totally silence when we
> ask about them ... the mass media are unkind at best, feral at worst,
> but prefer silence above all on questions for which their masters
> have no answers that would not get them torn to bloody ribbons by the
> citizenry.

the mass media are complicit in the government's lies. even on topics
like the unemployment rate which they can and should be questioning
because the lie is so transparent.

what's worse is that even ABC News just meekly accepts the government's
line about unemployment figures....critical analysis, even simple
revelation of the fact that the amazingly low unemployment rate is only
achieved by classifying anyone who has 1 hour or more per week of work
as "employed" (and by excluding anyone they can possibly get away with
excluding from the jobless figures) is relegated to Lateline Business
when nobody is watching.

The govt's attacks against the ABC over the last few years must have
them terrified of annoying them lest they be accused of "bias" again.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>