[LINK] surface

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Thu May 31 18:22:20 AEST 2007

On 31/05/2007, at 2:21 PM, Pilcher, Fred wrote:

> - How do I type this e-mail on the coffee table, let alone write a
> structured document? Maybe a virtual keyboard appears, but how's
> that for ergonomics?

Back around when the first touch screens came out (late 1980s?) a guy
who worked for me, Tony Ashcroft, said he had an idea for a computer
which would open like a book with display on one page and the other
would display a screen which you could draw on or would display a
keyboard which you could type on. You could of course choose the font
and language. We were having a problem automating Thai, Chinese,
Devangari and Vietnamese text at the time.

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au