[LINK] Net firms quizzed on speed limits - BBC News

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Fri Oct 12 08:54:42 AEST 2007

At 08:28 AM 12/10/2007, Karl Schaffarczyk wrote:
>One such user managed to pull 479Gb in one month over a 1.5Mb
>connection. Now that's what I call reaching a theoretical limit ;)

What on earth did he store it on!  Most people don't have greater
than 80 GB drives!  Besides that, WHAT on earth did the user do with
the data!  You can't even watch that many DVDs in a month!

>Richard: I don't think this thread is about buying something which
>is capable of more but the user not using it, as per your example of
>a car which can do 160km/h but doesn't.

Actually Richard kinda guffed his example.  Most cars have a Speedo
that goes way beyond the maximum speed the car is physically capable
of doing, be it engine torq or other.

His other examples were of the opposite in nature.

>The point being that the user is *not asking* their car to do
>160km/h. With the 'net connection, the user *is* asking for high speed.

Actually it's more like the user buys a car that can do 120 km/h but
the speed limit is 40 from Sydney to Canberra.

See even on the road, we have Government created Traffic Flow bottlenecks!