[LINK] online ads to go video

Eleanor Lister eleanor at pacific.net.au
Fri Sep 21 18:56:23 AEST 2007

Jan Whitaker wrote:
> Heaven forbid! If they force downloads of such size, wouldn't this be
> almost as bad as email spam? Ad-spam? Has that term been coined yet?

just another beatup infomercial.

no doubt more people will use aggressive ad-blockers and dump that junk
off their browser pages - i pay broadband (hah!) fees to waste my
bandwidth loading ads?

> http://www.theage.com.au/news/National/Turn-to-online-video-advertisers-urged/2007/09/21/1189881760507.html
>
> Turn to online video, advertisers urged
> September 21, 2007 - 4:34PM
>
> Online advertisers are being advised to turn away from traditional
> click-thru banners and embrace video advertising.
>
> Digital marketing company Eyeblaster has released statistics that show
> four times as many people click on an online advert up to 60 days
> after first seeing it, than those who click on it immediately.

verification? data set?  researchers?  i assert that 93.2% of
Australians want Kylie Minogue as Prime Minister.  (i hope i'm wrong!
maybe John or Kevin can belt out a tune?)

> Managing director Mick O'Brien says this means online adverts need to
> find ways of building online advert awareness.
>
> Mr O'Brien points to research conducted by US-based Dynamic Logic,
> which shows online videos build a higher rate of consumer awareness
> than traditional static banner adverts - 84 per cent compared to 30
> per cent.
>
> "As the web becomes increasingly entertainment centric, online video
> will ultimately be the only medium that actually engages," Mr O'Brien
> said.

bulldust.

> He also believes that broadband provides the opportunity for
> advertisers to deliver "user-initiated" adverts.
>
> "The way that we deliver these ads, is as the page loads it also loads
> in a video ad. You then have an option of interacting with that ad. If
> you roll over it, it will expand out, and if you roll off it will
> shut," he said.

if Mr O'Brien's naked bleeding corpse is discovered nailed to a tree you
may consider me a suspect.

> "What we have found is the conversions have increased significantly
> with user-initiated ads.
>
> "With the increased penetration of high speed broadband, online video
> ads are set to subsume banner and flash ads within the next five
> years, significantly impacting the rapidly expanding online ad
> industry in Australia, estimated to be $1.02 billion."

now switch off the brain cell that remembers this information, it is
using resources for no value.

EL :)

Eleanor Ashley Lister
South Sydney Greens