[LINK] Fwd: Do Not Call Register Complaint [number]

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed Sep 26 13:20:23 AEST 2007

Jan Whitaker wrote:

>> The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has received
>> a number of complaints about the abovenamed organisation and is
>> currently undertaking formal action to monitor the organisation and
>> gather evidence to support a full investigation.   An investigation
>> will take some time as obtaining probative evidence of alleged
>> breaches must be done carefully and can be a lengthy process.

I received a similar response from an obvious violator. They were based
in India and spruiking for a Melbourne-based comms company.

But that was over five weeks ago. Nothing heard since.

I have registered three complaints and have not heard of a resolution
for any of them.

But, as you say Jan, this does appear to be a government service that
works. I went through the web site reading how a company must wash their
contact lists and it made sense to me, and the procedure protected the
privacy of those registered for DNC.

cheers
rickw