[LINK] Microsoft Live Mesh

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Thu Apr 24 07:09:33 AEST 2008

Sucker punch number one:

> You may be able to submit materials for use in connection with the
> service. Except for material that we license to you, we do not claim
> ownership of the materials you post or otherwise provide to us related
> to the service (called a "submission"). However, by posting or
> otherwise providing your submission, you are granting to the public
> free permission to:
>
>     * use, copy, distribute, display, publish and modify your
>       submission, each in connection with the service;
>     * publish your name in connection with your submission; and
>     * grant these permissions to other persons.

(Terms of service, section 8)

If that means what it seems to mean, if I store documents on the
service, those documents become republishable by anybody.

Sucker punch number 2: the governing law for Australian users is in
Singapore. Hardly accessible for the user, should a legal dispute arise.

I guess other traps are there, if people want to read the ToS all the
way through...

RC