[LINK] IFIP Digital Library

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Aug 18 22:23:13 AEST 2008

At 12:15 PM 14/08/2008, Stilgherrian wrote:
>On 13/08/2008, at 5:37 PM, Tom Worthington wrote:
> > The ACS is setting up a Digital Library for the International
> > Federation for Information Processing ... <http://dl.ifip.org/>
>
>What would also be A Wonderful Thing would be archiving the
>presentations themselves. ...

The open source software used (OJS) has provision for extra files
along with the text of the presentation, so it is possible to include
slides, audio and video. But the logistics for the people running the
conferences around the world would be daunting.

Just doing audio and video for one stream for one small 2020 Local
Summit was difficult enough:
<http://tomw.net.au/moodle/mod/resource/view.php?id=202>.

Also the presenters don't get any extra academic points for
presenting. They get their points for having a paper published. So
there is no incentive for them to cooperate in providing a good presentation.

But I might slip it into an assignment for my ANU e-document students
to work it out <http://cs.anu.edu.au/Student/comp3410/introduction.html>.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                      http://www.tomw.net.au/
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Australian National University