[LINK] Centrelink relies on artificial intelligence

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Tue Aug 26 18:14:16 AEST 2008

At 22:56 25/08/2008, Ivan Trundle wrote:

> > So what justifies an announcement in 2008, almost two decades after
> > the original work?
> >
> > Note that I'm not expressing doubts about the *substance* of the
> > claims.
>
>My son's (and his friends) experience in dealing with Centrelink with
>regards to Youth Allowance tells me that they need all of the
>intelligence that they can get, artificial or otherwise.

Ivan,

Advice:  Before your son and his friends go into Centrelink, they
should rd the Social Security Act (specifically sections around 600)
and learn them inside out.  Read the rest too cause knowledge is
power.  Also a good reading of the Privacy Act and knowing the
Principals would be good, so they can turn around and say to the
Clerk "Do you know the Principals of the privacy act before you start
quoting me laws that don't exist"

Sadly today, people go around quoting laws that don't exist, almost
as if they are creating or have created some law and it's been
accepted by their own decree.  I'm sick of it.  I quote it, I'll have
copies in PDF handy on my lappy or even my phone and will shove them
in people faces now.

Most Centrelink Clerks are told "This is the law" but they are NOT
told what the law is.  Interpretation falls short cause the person
who is doing the telling hasn't read it either!

Information is Power, no doubt about that.