[LINK] Internet Explorer V8

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Thu Aug 28 17:31:29 AEST 2008

At 7:08 +0000 28/8/08, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
>Microsoft has released a second test version of Internet Explorer 8.. the
>latest version - beta 2 - of Internet Explorer comes with new features to
>enhance privacy, ease-of-use, and security.  http://www.microsoft.com/ie8
>Internet Explorer 8 also offers a mode called "InPrivate Browsing", which
>ensures that history, temporary internet files and cookies are not
>recorded on a user's PC.
>There is also a security feature that allows a user to block content
>coming from third-parties trying to track and aggregate the user's online
>behavior.

I'm interested in the extent to which the 'InPrivate' settings are
configurable.  Or are they 'all or nothing'?

But I'm not a user of IE, nor indeed of Vista or XP.

Much appreciated if anyone can report on experiences with the features.

--
Roger Clarke                  http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916

Visiting Professor in Info Science & Eng  Australian National University
Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program      University of Hong Kong