[LINK] Even thieves don't want Vista

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Fri Aug 29 23:59:42 AEST 2008

$quoted_author = "David Goldstein" ;

> Ahh, the usual Microsoft bashing exercise on Link...

I'd say that Link is "pro-choice" and not "anti-Microsoft".

> Or you could check out one of Jack Schofield's latest columns at
> http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/08/26/the_truth_about_windows_vista_exposed_at_last.html

The article is all puff and no substance. The comments provide the best
reading.

> which refers to another article at http://www.tweakguides.com/VA_1.html.

Which appears to be ways to fix the gripes people have with Vista, right
down to registry edits, which doesn't pass the "Could my mother do this?"
test.

> But then, this would spoil everyone's prejudices here...

The strongest criticism I've seen on Link is that Microsoft withdrew XP from
sale even though it was still in strong demand from people needing to run
hardware or software not compatible with Vista or businesses trying to have
a homogeneous SOE.

cheers
marty