[LINK] Even thieves don't want Vista

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Sat Aug 30 11:31:32 AEST 2008

On 29/08/2008 at 11:59 PM Martin Barry wrote:
> The strongest criticism I've seen on Link is that Microsoft withdrew XP from
> sale even though it was still in strong demand from people needing to run
> hardware or software not compatible with Vista or businesses trying to have
> a homogeneous SOE.

I'll fix that.  My own experience of Vista is that, if you want to do
anything outside the basics, it's a dog.  No doubt I'll learn ways
around its shortcomings, but I really have better things to do with my
time.  I've turned off most of Vista's "features".

For the short term, I'm dual-booting Linux Mint (thank God for
systemrescuecd).  Longer term, looking into multi-booting XP (if I can
free up a license).

On 29/08/2008 at 8:13 PM David Goldstein wrote:
> Ahh, the usual Microsoft bashing exercise on Link...
> But then, this would spoil everyone's prejudices here...
Prejudices?  No, just a modicum of knowledge & experience.

Thanks for the pointer to the Schofield article.  The article itself is
tripe, but the comments are interesting.

--
David Boxall            |  Dogs look up to us
                        |  And cats look down on us
                        |  But pigs treat us as equals
                                   --Winston Churchill