[LINK] Proposal for International Law Enforcement

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Sun Dec 7 11:46:26 AEDT 2008

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 11:49:41AM +1100, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> At 11:28 AM 6/12/2008, Craig Sanders wrote:
> >we've already got more than enough MAI treaties masquerading as "Free
> >Trade" treaties to undermine national sovereignty, we don't need
> >american...oops..."international" cops as well.
>
> I understand your point, Craig. However, there are already
> international conventions that allow for common legal positions in a
> majority of countries, if not 100% of them. Copyright happens to be
> one of those, through the Berne Convention. However it isn't 100%, so
> the breachers set up shop in countries that don't conform. I believe
> one of those to be China.

it's legal there, so the US should mind their own business.

similarly, adultery is legal here in AU (as in most of the western
world) so Iran should mind their own business.

or should they be allowed to send their morality police to Melbourne
or Sydney to prosecute "crimes" that aren't actually crimes in this
country? or perhaps execute every rape victim that can't get 4 good
muslim men to provide witness that it was actually rape?

was Khomeini's fatwa calling for the murder of Salman Rushdie (for a
book written and published in england) legitimate? his book would have
been a crime in Iran, even though it was legal in the UK.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>