[LINK] Fw: Fwd: [ PRIVACY Forum ] Brits' Failed Heavy Metal Censorship Attempt Disrupts Wikipedia Edits

David Goldstein wavey_one at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 21:22:59 AEDT 2008

Danny,

You are probably right that Conroy's utterances are what he'd like to do, but I also know there are discussions happening about how to implement a plan and what can be implemented.

I've no idea what these discussions entail, nor much of an idea as to who is involved. And who knows what will come out of it?

Yes, all that is very vague, but at least I'm waiting to see what is announced as to what will actually be implemented before I jump to too many conclusions.

As for those on this list who are horrified at the prospects, I'm waiting for a plan on an alternative that can at least meet some of what Conroy wants. Be realistic - if you just oppose everything in toto, you'll be ignored.

But if you come up with a plan that achieves a lot of what Conroy wants, you may get somewhere.

The strategic thinking on this issue, and others, on this list is appalling.

David