[LINK] The rallies???

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Wed Dec 17 14:43:57 AEDT 2008

Danny Yee wrote:
[snip]
> Are hospitals going to be able to
> apply for exemptions from filtering on the grounds that they might be
> carrying out telesurgery?  How would such an exemption system work?
> Deploying any kind of robust quality-of-service system for IP is
> still an unsolved problem!

Danny,

While I agree with what you've said, I'm going to pick up this small
point ... Since many (most?) hospitals are provided with clear channel
fibre of some flavour, why would they revert to the Internet for
telesurgery (at least in Au?). For eg, the western Sydney hospitals
project run fibre between - I think - Westmead and Katoomba with various
stopoffs on the way...

The "mission critical versus filter" won't get us very far.

RC