[LINK] The rallies???

Danny Yee danny at anatomy.usyd.edu.au
Wed Dec 17 16:16:22 AEDT 2008

My boss does networking for what seems like half the hospitals in NSW,
so I know they have links of their own outside the Internet.

But my point stands.  A broad range of services, including some that
are considered critical (at least from organisational perspectives) now
run over the Internet.  Is any provision going to be made for these?
What happens if someone does need to use the Internet for critical
medical services in some kind of emergency?

There are organisations that have multi-homed Internet connections
with redundant physical connections, to ensure that they have as few
points of failure as possible.  Inserting an extra point of failure
into their network connections is not something they are going to
appreciate, especially if the risks involved are unknown -- as they
will be at least initially, since the filtering systems aren't going
to have much of a track record when they're first deployed.

Getting back to the issue of scale, these are all problems that can
be addressed if organisations control their own filtering systems.

Danny.