[LINK] ANAO report: Government Agencies' Management of their Websites

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Thu Dec 18 18:40:51 AEDT 2008

On 18/12/2008, at 6:31 PM, Ivan Trundle wrote:
> So this means that one website with 35 pages rolls in at $10K/annum,
> or $285 per page per year - and I assume that the 900,000-page site
> cost $15 million, or a paltry $17/page.
>
> Good work if you can get it...

OTOH, a government website presumably has all content going through a
multi-stage approval process. Someone has to write each page, have it
checked, then run through one or more rounds of revisions before a
final approval and cut-live. Doing that for $17 a page sounds rather
cheap to me. $285 a page, not so much.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia