[LINK] Self-regulation failure forces Conroy to lay down NBN law

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Fri Dec 19 12:12:01 AEDT 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008, Glen Turner wrote:

> Apending $billions and not getting FTTH seems really bizaare.
> Not too many years will pass before we'd be looking at another
> $billions to replace the FTTN network with FTTH.

Would we be truely replacing FTTN with FTTH, or would you just augment
the FTTN by using fibre last-hop and leverage the existing network?

I'd be really, really happy if it was somehow mandated that new
constructions had at least cat5e cabling to apartments and such
rather than "just" cable TV and telephone wiring for DSL.

Seeing new buildings going up and then _DSL_ or _CABLE_ being deployed
when they truely are almost the poster-child for ethernet deployments
really depresses me somewhat.

Adrian