[LINK] Worrying about the Dark Ages (was Re: ANAO report: Government Agencies' Management of their Websites)

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 10:01:57 AEDT 2008

On 2008/Dec/20, at 9:14 AM, Lea de Groot wrote:
> On 20/12/2008, at 5:30 PM, Craig Sanders wrote:
>
>> it's not even that they think that uploading 1MB jpegs is OK rather
>> than
>> small web-optimised GIF or PNG versions of the same image - it's that
>> they don't think of it AT ALL because it would never occur to them
>> that
>> there is anything to think about. have picture, point, click, upload.
>
> Well, no, not quite.
> I'm not aware of who the current team at Fairfax are, but the lads who
> set up the current system that we see were an extremely up to date and
> standards savvy crew.
> Some of the best, really.

Almost every other site I visit has working (embedded) video but not
fairfax.  I can get their video to work fine on Safari but firefox
no.  I have had an email discussion with them about it a few years
ago.  It's not exactly rocket science, a link to youtube or equivalent
will do it.  Still doesn't work.  You even have to go to a separate
special page for video.  That's so five minutes ago, really.