[LINK] 'Yellow Pages' as a Trademark

Lea de Groot lealink at viking.org.au
Fri Jan 18 18:42:20 AEDT 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:04:41 +1100, Roger Clarke wrote:
> Why?

Its a business directory.
If they don't want to be in it, its no skin off my nose.
That they have nothing to lose and everything to gain from inclusion is
something I have learnt not to bother pointing out to them.
And, yes, I foolishly had the argument the first couple of times - I
learnt better.

> Are you aware of any basis in law for them to even request, let alone
> demand, removal?

I don't think they have a leg to stand on. They can't demand I refrain
from talking about them. (and, I'm not even reviewing them, just
listing name and contact details)
I consider it a matter of politeness - if they don't want to be in
there, I will not force them.
Their competitors can have the business instead <g>
And note - in some cases I was freely linking to their website, too!
Ignorance. Amazing. :)

But, really, these foolish people are the rare exception. Most of the
business people I discuss it with are ecstatic to be listed and
appreciate the business I am pushing towards them.

Lea