[LINK] 'Shake-up' for internet proposed by ICANN

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Tue Jul 1 02:33:27 AEST 2008

At 15:47 30/06/2008, you wrote:
>Kimberley writes,
>
> >..ICANN resolution to establish a new process by which new TLDs might be
> > allowed was a compromise across multiple stakeholders; there is a demand
> > for new TLDs .. if someone comes up with an idea for a new TLD which is
> > more than a trademark scam or a whitelist fantasy then the ICANN Board
> > can throw it to the mob.  Kimberley James Heitman  www.kheitman.com
>
>What about AnythingYouLike.os   with an .os TLD standing for open source?
>
>dot os for open source TLD is multi-national, a necessary advance on .com
>and with a clearer philosophy than most .org TLDs. I think it'd be popular

That is brilliant!  Why didn't I think of that!

And can www.os have some kind of search directory that links the
domain name with a short 250 character description - in fact hell why
not just have that embedded in the TXT tags of the DNS records themselves!

Then we can FINALLY find software and applications and developers all
in one simple place!

Even better - ANYONE with an application should be allowed to register free :)

Just need an admin who will delete nonsense entries.

Bring back the olds days!