[LINK] OT Re: american engineering

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jul 29 09:15:35 AEST 2008

At 02:05 AM 29/07/2008, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
>Detriot's peak-oil engineering hi-tech response .. turn your engines off

I read about a concept called - hypermileage. People who use this
driving technique, including shutting off engines a traffic lights
and coasting whenever possible, and using a special type of oil, are
increasing their liters/kms or miles/gallon by large amounts. There
quite a few google hits on the term.

I'm doing my bit by reducing my driving, keeping my central heating
off as much as possible, and using the sunlight to warm up the house
in the mornings when it's sunny. Last night was the first night this
winter that I left the heater to run over the night because it was
going to be below freezing out here in the burbs. This former Arizona
gal has well and  truly acclimated. I'll be all set for the next ice-age.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

Anonymous fame at last! - anon

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007