[LINK] Open Source PC Design

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Mon Jun 2 11:40:54 AEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 11:12:20AM +1000, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> According to one of the trial records, the copyright protection covers a
> specific expression:
>
> > The "substantial part" of the Copyright Works identified by the
> > applicants was the so-called "alfresco quadrant". This part comprised
> > the combination of the rumpus, family, kitchen and meals areas around
> > the alfresco, all under a single roof-line, but also having regard to
> > the location and relative dimensions of rooms in this part of the
> > house design.

and you really think that THAT is novel and creative enough to deserve
monopoly protection?   something that's been done for thousands of
years?

> So I ask again - the question which I asked earlier in the weekend, and
> which is still unanswered in the echo-chamber - "what part of building
> engineering is proprietary information now, which therefore requires an
> open source housing movement to set it free?"

look, you've been given answers to this question several times now and
you just don't want to hear it.

i'm not interested in playing this, or any other, stupid game with you.
or anyone else, for that matter.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>

"We no longer have to resort to superstition when faced with the deep
 problems: Is there a meaning to life? What are we for? What is man?"
            [Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"]