[LINK] Dick Destiny on "China caused the blackouts"

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Tue Jun 10 10:22:18 AEST 2008

On 09/06/2008, at 12:15 PM, Richard Chirgwin wrote:

>>  In another manner of speaking, if one can fill a
>> room with bull, hearsay and gossip, there's always a magic tipping
>> point where it transforms into fact, like lead turns into gold when
>> touched by the Philosopher’s Stone in alchemy.
> I have watched with some dismay as the most ludicrous assertions are
> given as straight fact ...

I remember reading of some research where a small group of people in
a busy street would start pointing to a patch of sky and discussing
amongst themselves a strange light they could see. Gradually a crowd
would grow most of whom could "just" see the light with some
frustrated that they could not. I forget how big an initial group you
needed but it was quite small. Of course there was nothing in the sky.

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659  | mailto:tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 3365 2400  | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au