[LINK] The Future of Copyright

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Thu Jun 12 17:12:52 AEST 2008

It seems reporting the negative effects of ACTA will be risky.

 From Wikileaks news:
"The US ACTA proposal has the effect of criminalizing primary source
journalism sites that publish or even link to leaks, even non profit
entities such as Wikileaks.

Many provisions of the US proposal are clearly intended to create
a world-wide "DMCA"--legislation which is notorious in the United
States for its suppression of digital press freedoms.

Since the ACTA vehicle is a treaty, Congressional or Parliamentry
oversight is likely to be minimal and constitutional protections

may be abridged."

--
David Boxall                         | "Cheer up" they said.