[LINK] Vista and Do Not Record broadcast flags

Avi Miller amiller at squiz.net
Wed Jun 18 08:03:32 AEST 2008

On Wed, June 18, 2008 7:53 am, Richard Chirgwin said:
> I can't get the excitement about media centres, myself. Quite simply,
> why would I rearrange the house or run cables just to hook the TV to the
> computer, when I can put the recorder where the TV is?

I challenge you to find an HD-PVR with the same functionality, size and
form of the Mac Mini. This is why I got rid of my consumer devices and
replaced them with the Mac. It is tiny, silent and not only has dual HD
tuners with PVR functionality, it also has Front Row, iTunes and can
playback any media type I have on the network. With an actual, working
gigabit ethernet connection.

The Apple TV is similar, but until I can actually buy TV/movies from
iTunes Australia, I'm not going to bother. :)

--
MySource Matrix Product Evangelist

< Sydney / Melbourne / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   Level 1, 12 Gipps St   T: 1 3000 SQUIZ (77849)
   Collingwood, VIC       T: +61 (0) 3 9235 5400
   3066                   F: +61 (0) 3 9235 5444
                          W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>