[LINK] Vista and Do Not Record broadcast flags

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Wed Jun 18 08:14:01 AEST 2008

On 18/06/2008, at 8:03 AM, Avi Miller wrote:

> On Wed, June 18, 2008 7:53 am, Richard Chirgwin said:
>> I can't get the excitement about media centres, myself. Quite simply,
>> why would I rearrange the house or run cables just to hook the TV
>> to the
>> computer, when I can put the recorder where the TV is?
>
> I challenge you to find an HD-PVR with the same functionality, size
> and
> form of the Mac Mini. [snip]

"Challenge", eh?

Yes, let's issue "challenges" about arbitrary mixes of functionality
in a particularly-shaped black (or, in this case, white) box. Lets
"challenge" someone to find something that isn't a Mac Mini that looks
like (has the "form" of) a Mac Mini.

As first glance, this looks like precisely the kind of techno-macho-
wank that Richard was talking about.

Running water and sewerage, people, then health care and education...
and *then* perhaps we can worry about what shape the digital TV
recorder is. ;)

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia