[LINK] Vista and Do Not Record broadcast flags

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed Jun 18 12:17:37 AEST 2008

Avi Miller wrote:

> Also, my Mac Mini has never gone to sleep by itself, even with load above
> 20 (recording two HD-PVR streams while transcoding a DVD -- not on
> purpose).
>
> Could this issue be PPC-related?

I think so. The PPC combined with the power management
unit software is at fault here.

I look forward to the day I can afford to dump this mac mini
and buy an Intel Core2Duo box.

Ranting and raving aside, I wouldn't trade Mac OS X and
attendant hardware for any other configuration, OS or platform.
It is a great productivity tool. And it satisfies all my
Unix and open source needs as well. I must add that Linux
sans X Window is my choice on the server side. Of course,
Macs talk to Linux boxes just fine. (When I have to talk to
Linux using putty on Winders, it is generally a very foul day!)

A bit of irony for you: Aqua and great graphics are nice in
Mac OS X but I still do 95% of my work in the shell.

cheers
rickw

Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services || Internet Driving Instructor

... wanted me to be a Win2K admin with "emphasis" on security. That's like
a job as a SCUBA diver with an "emphasis" on keeping things dry.
      -- Anthony de Boer