[LINK] Vista and Do Not Record broadcast flags

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed Jun 18 12:34:48 AEST 2008

Howard Lowndes wrote:

> And, for SBS and the very rare program that I want to watch on
> commercial FTATV, MythTV also performs ad flagging as it records the
> program so that the playback skips the ads.  Brilliant...

Howard, do you recall the recent discussion on SLUG about ad skipping
and ad detection?

Apparently there is an arms race in progress between the commercial
stations and ad detection. Chennl 7 for example is causing strife
by changing its signal pattern to thwart ad detection.

Do you find your ad detection is working 100%?

cheers
rickw

Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services || Internet Driving Instructor

... wanted me to be a Win2K admin with "emphasis" on security. That's like
a job as a SCUBA diver with an "emphasis" on keeping things dry.
      -- Anthony de Boer