[LINK] Labor to deliver lightning internet speeds

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Mon Mar 3 20:30:52 AEDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> >[Aside:  TPG says that they are about to upgrade me to ADSL2, at
> >their choice not mine, at a time of their choosing, with what
> >appears to be extremely poor planning, extremely poor client
> >communications, and ongoing slow response to enquiries and
> >complaints.  Heaven knows what will happen in the next few days ...]
>
> That's not good. Some people may have older modems that aren't adsl2
> capable. Did they even ask you? Are they also going to charge you more?

You may wish to query whether "upgrade to ADSL2" is "move you over from
resold Telstra infrastructure to their own DSLAMs."

If its the case then you may be able to ask to get your newly-shifted
connection "downgraded" to ADSL1 if their DSLAM supports it.
It'll then be ADSL1 again but on "their" infrastructure, not Telstra's.

2c,

Adrian