[LINK] question without notice: outlook archiving

Dr Bob Jansen bob.jansen at turtlelane.com.au
Wed May 28 18:12:06 AEST 2008

Brenda,

I use and heartily recommend, Emailchemy, http://www.weirdkid.com/products/emailchemy/
. I use this to manage my email archiving from Mac mail and Outlook to
a single mail folder. Emailchemy allows you to convert between many
popular mail formats.

Just two weeks ago, I needed an attachment from an email I sent over 2
years ago,. I found the mail message in my archive mail folder, which
is formatted as  RFC-822 and contains email sen/received using mac
mail and Outlook. I was able to reconvert the mail folder into Mac
mail, import into mac mail and recover the attachment - no problemos
at all.

I can only sing the praises of this program to High-C.

bobj

On 28/05/2008, at 4:54 PM, Brenda Aynsley wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have a friend who uses outlook, reluctantly, because of the
> clients he
> has who also use Outlook (ms offfice 2003) and asked me today about
> archiving mail, and any utilities that exist to manipulate the archive
> eg add new messages to existing archives and the like.
>
> Anyone an expert in this or can point me in the right direction to
> develop some expertise, in the subject?
>
> Many thanks
> brenda
>
> --
> Brenda Aynsley, FACS, PCP
> Director Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/
> Mobile:+61(0) 412 662 988 || Skype: callto://baynsley
> Phone:08 8357 8844  Fax:08 8272 7486 Nodephone:08 7127 0107
>
> Chairman Pearcey Foundation, SA Committee www.pearcey.org.au
> Immediate Past Chairman ACS SA Branch www.acs.org.au/sa
>
> *Produced by Ubuntu and Mozilla Thunderbird*

Dr Bob Jansen
Turtle Lane Studios Pty Ltd
PO Box 26, Erskineville NSW 2043, Australia
Ph: +61-414 297 448
Skype: bobjtls
http://www.turtlelane.com.au

In line with the Australian anti-spam legislation, if you wish to
receive no further email from me, please send me an email with the
subject "No Spam"