[LINK] Rudd Government's internet filter to block up to 10, 000 'unwanted' sites

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Thu Nov 13 17:35:57 AEDT 2008

> At 14:12 +1100 13/11/08, Bernard Robertson-Dunn posted:
>> Rudd Government's internet filter to block up to 10,000 'unwanted' sites
>> By Jennifer Dudley-Nicholson
>> November 13, 2008 10:44am
>> The Australian IT
>> http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,24645568-5014239,00.html

Is it possible and I will forgive any cynicism but I do not want
to appear stupid....

Is it just possible that the Govt is doing the trial with an expectancy
for it to fail?   Labor opposed a lot of this stupid technical stuff
when they were opposition.   They have good minds like Kate Lundy and
so on who used to be the one who grasped all this?   Is it not just
possible that they know the outcome of this trial and want to
prove the failure so they can put it to rest once and for all, or
am I just being naive and silly?!    My gut feeling says the whole
thing will be pronounced a failure and the Govt will be able to
wriggle out of commitments made to conservatives who have their own
bizarre agendas...

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html