[LINK] Freeview Launches In Australia

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Wed Nov 26 11:03:05 AEDT 2008

On 26/11/2008, at 10:47 AM, Rick Welykochy wrote:

> Ivan Trundle wrote:
>> On 26/11/2008, at 10:17 AM, Rick Welykochy wrote:
>>> (*) do you think Java and Javascript are a Good Thing to have
>>> enabled
>>>    in your email client? how about cookies?
>> I'm curious as to how an e-mail client would do anything with a
>> cookie, let alone Java or javascript. Does Microsoft now ship e-
>> mail clients that do this as a matter of course? (if so, I can
>> understand your ire)
>
> google: "cookie exploits html email"

But this would require me to launch a web browser.

I was merely seeking confirmation of the way others use and react with
e-mail. For a moment, Rick, I thought that you were suggesting that
people view e-mails via web browsers, but I see that you imply that e-
mail clients now commonly not only render html, but act as a fully-
fledged web browser (is this correct?).

iT