[LINK] Mobile updates about a blog post

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Thu Oct 23 11:13:39 AEDT 2008

Linkers,
One of the more interesting blogs about the US election is polling
site, www.fivethirtyeight.com . 538 is the total number of electoral
college votes, of which, 270 are needed to win the election. [If
anyone wants a primer on the electoral college, I'm happy to provide,
but not in this message.]

Today there was a post on the blog:

<http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/538-goes-mobile.html>538 Goes Mobile

We are partnering with <http://credomobile.com/>Credo Mobile to
provide text messaging updates to you through the balance of the
campaign. Each day, you will receive a text message when the daily
polling thread is updated, with a link to a mobile-friendly table of
the most recent additions to the polling database.

To sign up, you can use the form located along the left-hand sidebar
about half way down the page. Or, just text 538 to 30644.

And of course, you can be assured that all your information will be
kept private. Standard text messaging rates do apply.
=====

One of the factors that has come out in this election period is the
importance of the internet for information distribution, solicitation
of volunteers [I get two or three emails a day for that, by choice,
not spam], and fund-raising. I thought this combination of SMS and a
blog about polling data fascinating.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

~Madeline L'Engle, writer

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007