[LINK] the Ally Moore story - ABC Melbourne

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Wed Oct 29 10:45:42 AEDT 2008

Rod Knuckles ?? interviewee VP of I Save Australia.

concern is
misguided - false sense of security
Technically deficiencies -
up to 70% slower performance, particularly for rural users [the bush
gets it in the neck again]
serious over and under blocking which relates to false sense of security

Conroy declined to comment.

ally: don't we need to know what is being banned?
He agreed.
If to make children safer online: education.

ally: if key words, won't it lock out everything, so not under blocking?
no, int'l studies show both under and over. Always behind the game
because of the methodology.
there is no rigorous educational system in schools, which is what is
needed. As seriously as water and road safety.

ally: will you be able to override?
up for debate, but no.

text messages: computer person said they could get past it
immediately and silently. second message: are we now a dictatorship?
have we forgotten the Olympics?

Short and sweet. Where is the government on defending their position?
So far the air is all to the anti position. Of course, the Rudd Govt
has form in only speaking to the shock jocks. Is that what is
happening on this issue?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

~Madeline L'Engle, writer

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007