[LINK] Filter to cause World Wide Wait

matthew at sorbs.net matthew at sorbs.net
Thu Oct 30 17:00:30 AEDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita at ramin.com.au>
Date: Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:43 pm
Subject: Re: [LINK] Filter to cause World Wide Wait

> This raises the obvious question if you can do all these wonderful
things to
> protect us from the evil uses of the Internet...why can't someone fix
the real
> Internet blight - SPAM and viruses.

ROFL!!!!!

Yeah ask us another...

You can't fix greed with technical solutions.  When there is money
involved and greed, people will pay to stay ahead of the "stops".
Simply, where there is buyers and profit, spam will *never* go away
(hint: even if the perfect filter is designed, it will still never go
away because someone won't want the filter on them, and someone will
still buy spammed products).

The only solution for spam, is to cut off the money to the spammers, and
as you can't persuade people to stop buying stuff from the spam and
spammers, send the people responsible for the products spammed to
jail....  by that I mean the directors/CEOs of companies that sell
products that are spammed.  Currently the companies can employ spammers
to spam their product with no fear of fine or reprimand, only the
spammers themselves can be fined for their misdeeds.

Not going to get on another rant here, if anyone want's to talk about
it, invite me somewhere and I'll more than happy get on a soapbox again.

Regards,

Michelle (was: Matthew) Sullivan
Owner/Creator of the Spam and Open Relay Blocking System (SORBS) for my
sins.