[LINK] The bad guys have won (was Re: www.ipv6.org.au/summit)

andrew clarke mail at ozzmosis.com
Mon Sep 1 12:07:30 AEST 2008

On Mon 2008-09-01 11:16:14 UTC+1000, Stilgherrian (stil at stilgherrian.com) wrote:

> While one can set up "limited" accounts in Windows, so much Windows
> software is written assuming that you're administrator that in
> everyday use it's far, far too difficult to set up and use these
> limited accounts.

It's quite reasonable to occasionally use the "Run As" feature to run
particular software with Administrator privileges, while operating as
a limited user for the rest of the time.

But I was under the impression that this was no longer an issue for
modern general purpose software, especially (but not necessarily) if
said software is written with Vista compatibility in mind.

Can you give some examples?