[LINK] Medicare "security"

David Lochrin lochrin-01 at d2.net.au
Fri Sep 12 14:30:34 AEST 2008

> At 03:55 11/09/2008, you wrote:

> WHO the HELL uses their BIRTHDAY
>as a security question/answer anyway?

   From memory, but I won't swear to it, this is one of their suggested
questions.  In any case, while various government departments and other
respectable institutions have a record of my birth date, very few
people outside the family know it.  And of those who do know my
~birthday~ probably not many can remember the ~year~.

> I have a database of over 500,000 people:  Name, Address, DOB,
> Passport, Drivers Licence, Phone, Mobile, Employer, Position,
> Address, Phone, Amazing arrays of security answers, Children names,
> dates of birth ... you get the idea?
>
> I can be ANYONE. [...]

   Yes, but being a law-abiding and responsible citizen, you won't, will
you?  And as a matter of interest, how did you come to have this
information?

David