[LINK] SMS - shortcomings in emergency services

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sat Sep 20 18:14:33 AEST 2008

At 05:58 PM 20/09/2008, Kim Holburn wrote:
>Yeah, we're all so used to everything working well and as planned,
>stable and comfortable.  That's good isn't it?

Ask the people in Texas about stable and comfortable. It's nearly a
week, and about half of the homes still aren't back on the grid. They
are calling it Ike Fatigue. It was darkly humourous when I looked at
the Houston Chronicle online, with lots of advice about what to do
when you're without power.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

~Madeline L'Engle, writer

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007