[LINK] MS Windows and CD formats

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Wed Sep 24 16:53:35 AEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:48 PM, David Lochrin <dlochrin at d2.net.au> wrote:

> | Use a music or video burning program to make playable discs. If you use
> Windows to copy music files to a disc, for example, they will be copied as
> files and will not play in most CD players.

Because, like it says, if you use Windows they will be copied as "files"
(eg, MP3 files).  CD players, in the generic sense, don't play MP3 files off
a data CD.

ie, it's saying that Windows can't burn Audio CDs or Video DVDs, only data
CDs/DVDs (although I'm fairly sure Windows Media Player can burn Audio CDs)

  Scott.