[LINK] Lenovo, Microsoft, Adobe win NSW schools contract

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Thu Apr 2 10:39:50 AEDT 2009

Stilgherrian wrote:
> On 02/04/2009, at 10:13 AM, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>> that should be each tech looks after 500 computers - which is maybe
>> one or two
>> techs per school.
>
> That strikes me as an insanely small number of support staff. Only one
> tech per 500 computers? The number I always had in my head was one
> tech per 50 or 100 desktops in a corporate environment. Surely a
> school will be more hostile! Can anyone provide figures on current
> practice?

Stil,

Most people in Corporates have no idea what goes on in the IT departments or
I would guess ISPs...they have to manage the network, procurement, compatibility,
keep upto date with software releases, hardware, software development, software
administration/configuration and why can't we have a blackberry, iphone and twitter.

The support person on the ground usually deals with "User/Skill problems".

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au