[LINK] Broadband plan tipped to bring higher prices

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Tue Apr 7 15:29:58 AEST 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, David Boxall wrote:

> <http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/04/07/2537297.htm>
>> Updated April 7, 2009 14:22:00
>>
>> Market analysts say broadband prices are likely to rise, after the Government unveiled an amibitious new $43 billion plan to build a national fibre-to-the-home broadband network.
>> But analysts are astonished at the upfront cost and say they have concerns about the network's commercial viability.
>>
>> "I've got no idea what's driving the Government to do this," Ivor Ries, an analyst with EL and C Baillieu Stockbroking, says.
>>
>> "They're saying a network that will deliver 100 megabits per second, that would exceed current household consumption by a factor of 100 times

Build it and they will come.   It worked for the rest of the Internet.

It's all a question of patience and timing and an awful lot of courage, the
one thing most govts lack.  Of course there will trouble, but I am an optimist.

rachel - waiting for Rudd money and better broadband access.

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html