[LINK] domain names - TLD level

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sun Apr 12 12:17:00 AEST 2009

wiryd writes "A new ICANN proposal would allow applications for
almost any TLD. From the article: 'Tourists might find information
about the Liberty Bell, for example, at a site ending in .philly. A
rapper might apply for a Web address ending in .hiphop. "Whatever is
open to the imagination can be applied for," says Paul Levins,
ICANN's vice president of corporate affairs. "It could translate into
one of the largest marketing and branding opportunities in history."'"
http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/04/08/1758220&from=rss

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/