[LINK] evoting in Finland

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sun Apr 12 17:05:02 AEST 2009

wizzor writes in with a follow-up on the Finnish municipal election 
in which 2% of the votes were lost by a defective e-voting system, 
and which the Helsinki Administrative Court had found acceptable. Now 
the Supreme Administrative Court of Finland has rejected the election 
results (original in Finnish; bad Google translation here) and 
ordered the election to be re-run. The submitter adds, "Apparently 
98% of the votes isn't enough to determine how the remaining 2% 
voted, after all."

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com

Our truest response to the irrationality of the world is to paint or 
sing or write, for only in such response do we find truth.
~Madeline L'Engle, writer

_ __________________ _

More information about the Link mailing list