[LINK] Bottle Domain Challenge to AuDA; Origins of AuDA [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Kaul, Jasmine Jasmine.Kaul at finance.gov.au
Wed Apr 22 12:20:45 AEST 2009

 And just to round out the discussion:
The Australian Government Information Management Office (where I am now)
deals with .gov.au domain names
http://www.domainname.gov.au/About
"The gov.au domain is managed by the Australian Government Information
Management Office (AGIMO), a business group within the Department of
Finance and Deregulation.

AGIMO works in consultation with auDA, the industry regulatory body, and
state and territory governments. Please refer to the gov.au Domain
Policy and Governance Framework for further information.

Gov.au domain name data is passed on to the .au registry service,
currently provided by AusRegistry. The Registry maintains a "master
list" of gov.au domain names, which is used to point internet users to
the right websites based on the domain name they request.

The Department of Finance and Deregulation currently contracts
NetRegistry to provide registration services to the gov.au domain. This
includes providing web interfaces to support domain name registration
and administration, help desk support and interaction with the
registry."

- Jasmine