[LINK] Fwd: [aliaACTive] www.aph.gov.au - we want your feedback

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Wed Apr 22 17:32:38 AEST 2009

Gee, next minute the band will play Australian Fair and public will hail
the conquering hero.....

That's it Still, tell 'em. Buy Australian ya mugs!

Actually - he raises a very good point.Every dollar that we spend on
overseas goods costs us five dollars.
Had we spent the five dollars producing the goods here - instead of on
foregn exchange bridging, floating, hedging and sponsoring, our economy
would actually quadrupple.

Years ago the Northern Territory Government tried really hard tyo get a
processor assembly plant (Malaysian) installed in its trade free zone...
Then they said - however - Government (ready taxpayer payments to
foreign company) incentives only apply if you export all of your
product.

Aaaaaaaargggggghhhh!

The vagaries of government. Obviously the benefit of saying - we have
leased all of our buildings in the trade dev zone and increased our
international exports by .00035% far outweigh the importance of All
australian PC's are now made in australia and we have saved 23% of our
international import bill.

Tom