[LINK] google news timeline

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sat Apr 25 08:54:25 AEST 2009

At 07:09 AM 25/04/2009, Kim Holburn wrote:

>http://newstimeline.googlelabs.com/

cool! Year view is interesting. You can see all the covers of US Time Magazine.

I've seen better history outlines, though.
http://www.hyperhistory.com/online_n2/History_n2/a.html is amazing.
http://www.historymole.com/ is ok, but limits the number of queries
for free per day

>http://similar-images.googlelabs.com/

That is pretty amazing. The colour limiter is fun, too. Say look at
Salvidore Dali paintings, then select blue. Would help with the 'pink
bits' searching. Then I applied it to the Shopping category. If this
system is implemented fully, shopping would be a great use for
someone who needs some piece of clothing in a particular color. I
found an anomaly, though, when I looked at evening gowns and asked
for black. A pink dress showed up because the image was mostly black
background.

With art works and some photographs, of course, they aren't
'similar', so if anyone wanted to find a google indexed version of
ones artwork, they could use this tool to do so.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/