[LINK] firefox add-on goodness

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Thu Apr 30 19:00:32 AEST 2009

I was reading an article about future plans for firefox and they
mentioned the extension "Tree Style tab"  I started using it and found
it excellent.  If you end up with lots of tabs when you browse you
might be interested.

Tab Mix Plus:
I have used it for ages.  It does a few things I find it difficult to
be without.  It has a loading bar in each tab, it highlights tabs that
you haven't read and it has 2 context menus that I use a lot:
duplicate tab and a list of tabs you can undo.

Tree style tab.  <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5890>
It is excellent if you have a lot of tabs open.  It also works with
Tab Mix Plus if you use that.
While you can use it with the tab bar at the top it works better
really with the tabs at the side which takes a little while to get
used to.   The ability to automatically group tabs with a parent tab
and to open and shut tab trees as you browse is rather good.

Tab History:
There is no configuration; when you open a link from a page in another
tab it gets all the history of the original window.  It probably eats
memory but is awesome once you get used to it.

Kim
--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant