[LINK] [SPAM?] Re: Australian Web history

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Tue Aug 11 18:05:57 AEST 2009

On 11/08/2009, at 2:18 PM, Richard Archer wrote:

> In my opinion this makes Flash a regressive technology.
> It's on a par with reverting to fax from email. Perhaps
> worse, as you can at least annotate a fax with a pen
> and then forward it on.

Couldn't agree more: Flash is completely hopeless for working with
existing functionality, and often offers different functionality, or
lesser functionality at the expense of pretty graphics alone (the fax
is a perfect analogy in my mind).

It's not just that you can't copy text, but most other functions such
as scrolling and zooming are completely different or non-existent most
of the time.

There's so much that you can't do with Flash - post-viewing - that it
isn't funny. It's incredibly regressive for my purposes.

iT
--
Ivan Trundle
http://itrundle.com ivan at itrundle.com
ph: +61 (0)418 244 259 fx: +61 (0)2 6286 8742 skype: callto://ivanovitchk