[LINK] US Whitehouse on Cookies

James Collins nospam at ggcs.net.au
Wed Aug 12 17:55:46 AEST 2009

> >> <http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/On-Cookies/>
> > Under Web Page Privacy link  on the View menu in IE, click on the

There are equivalent options on Firefox etc, which show P3P information.

> > "Could not find a privacy policy for http://www.whitehouse.gov/".
> >
> > Surely the Whitehouse could manage a P3P privacy policy?
>
> I don't understand the reference to P3P or IE...but

That's OK. It's not unusual people not to understand me :) Especially when I
start spouting things like Protected Networks, Privacy issues, P3P and SPF!
:) My usual topics!

Re P3P, see http://www.w3.org/P3P/

Re SPF, see http://www.w3.org/Mail/spf/

Both of which are too hard for people to implement.. So they usually just
ignore it.

Rather like the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal...<ref: Hitch-Hikers
Guide to the Galaxy>
ie: If you don't look at it, it's not really there..

So I write systems which make it easier for people to use them! But then no
one notices me either :)

-- James :) Collins - Head Office * +61-7-3823-5150 *
   ,-_|\    Web Management InterActive Technologies
  /      *  Sydney Office      - +61-2-8011-3237
  \_,-._/   Canberra Office    - +61-2-6100-7721
        v   Fax Number         - +61-7-3823-5152
www.wmit.net - P.O. Box 1073, Capalaba, Qld, 4157